The long awaited news (and pictures) of the refreshed 2020 Lexus RX was finally released by Lexus earlier today making us fall in love all over again with the iconic luxury SUV. Of course, we had never fallen out of love with the RX in the first place, but this mid-cycle refresh has definitely renewed our passion.
The Updates, Summarized
- User-Friendly Touchscreen Multimedia System Paired with a Sleek Remote Touch Pad (8-inch Touchscreen standard and 12.3″ Touchscreen optional)
- First Lexus model to receive Android Auto with Google Assistant and apps like Spotify, Pandora, Google Maps, Waze and WhatsApp
- Enhanced Safety: all RX will come with standard Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 including Road Sign Assist, Lane Tracing Assist & Low-Light Pedestrian Detection
- New Colors: Moonbeam Mica & Nori Green
- New Wheel Designs
- 6 USB Ports
- 3-Year Trial of Lexus Enform Remote app
- Apple CarPlay with access to apps like Waze, Spotify, podcasts and Apple Audiobooks
- Amazon Alexa giving you access to Amazon Music, News, Smart Home Devices, Shopping and more
- Dynamic Voice Command with the 12.3″ multimedia and navigation system giving you access to millions of phrases, greater voice command accuracy, seamless address entry and greater Points of Interest searches.
- New F SPORT Packages with an available, upgraded Active Variable Suspension System
- Paddle Shifters now standard across the model line-up
- New Interior for RX L: Birch (available with certain exterior color choices)
- Revised Front & Rear Fascias (pretty minor at first glance)
- Rear Power Door with Optional Kick Sensor
Our favorite updates on the 2020 RX are both big and small but true love is found in the details. New functionality including a sleek compartment to hold your smartphone on the center console while driving means you now have a secure place, besides your lap, to carry the too-big-for-the-cup holder, iPhone Plus (thank you, Lexus!) Albeit minor at first glance, we are loving the fresh new look given to the RX front and rear fascia. With slimmer headlamps and a distinctive new ‘face’, the 2020 RX reflect the latest Lexus design themes with a balance between sophistication and strength.
The 2020 RX will start production in the third quarter of 2019 which means you still have plenty of time to take advantage of unbeatable pricing and enhanced offers on all new, 2019 models available now at North Park Lexus at Dominion! Shop our extensive new Lexus inventory here or stop by our Lexus dealership in San Antonio for a chance to get up close and personal with the Lexus RX, NX, UX, GX, LX and more!