The 2020 RC F Track Edition debuted today in Detroit and not only boasts enhanced performance and styling upgrades but takes the Lexus performance coupe to a level far beyond the souped-up cars seen in the “Too Fast Too Furious” franchise (thankfully). With the release of the first-ever RC F Track Edition, racing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy a high-performance car that is equally impressive on and off the track. Truly born from the asphalt up and developed with input from Lexus race teams in the Super GT and IMSA series, the RC F Track Edition boasts a 55-pound reduction in unsprung weight on the front of the car alone and 176 pound decrease from the previous RC F. Even with the fixed rear wing, the new RC F Track Edition takes the model beyond “Too Fast, Too Furious” and introduces a new breed of the street race car that even we can handle.
Lexus RC F Track Edition Details
- Every RC F Track Edition is upgraded with Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors that are lighter and better at withstanding the extreme heat cycling associated with performance driving.
- 19″ BBS forged alloy wheels further reduce weight and feature a design derived from the RC F GT3 race car.
- Carbon Fiber everywhere! Carbon fiber pieces made on the same line that supplied the Lexus LFA can be found on the roof, hood, rear wing, behind the rear seats and as a bumper reinforcement.
- Titanium Muffler and Tail Pipes – rarely seen on production cars.
- RC F Track Edition has the best power-to-weight ratio among its competitors.
- New electronic launch control system gives the RC F Track Edition the capability of delivering a 0-60 mph time in 3.96 seconds.
- Only two colors: Ultra White and Matte Nebula Gray
- Red leather interior with Alcantara seat accents and red carbon trim on the doors and dashboard give the new RC F Track Edition that extra-special touch.