The seventh-generation Lexus ES was designed around a central theme of Provocative Elegance. Sitting lower than the current model with a coupe-like profile that is comparable to the stylish new LS, the 2019 ES is described as having a “Human-Centered Silhouette” thanks to its all-new GA-K platform. The redesign of the classic Lexus sedan is definitely provocative and is sure to appeal to a wide range of drivers when it arrives at our dealership this coming September. Let’s get a closer look at the all-new Lexus ES.
Comparing the Current Model to the New One: Size Matters
The 2019 ES is 2.6-inches longer, lower by 0.2-inches and wider by 1.8-inches. The wheelbase has been extended by 2-inches, with the tracks widened by 0.4-inches in the front and 1.5-inches in the rear.
For an in-depth technical overview of the all-new Lexus ES, we recommend checking out the Lexus Enthusiast article – click here.
The Color Options
The 2019 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h will be available in 10 different exterior colors including Eminent White, Silver Lining Metallic, Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl, Obsidian, Caviar Mica, Nightfall Mica, Matador Red Mica and new Sunlit Green and Moonbeam Beige.
There will be just three interior color choices available: Flaxen, Chateau, and Black. All three interior colors will come in either the standard NuLuxe (Premium Package/Base), Leather (Luxury Package) or Semi-Aniline Leather (Ultra Luxury Package) and be offered with a handful of interior trims: Striated Black (standard/base model), Linear Dark Mocha Wood, Linear Espresso Wood and Matte Bamboo.
The 2019 ES will come standard with a bi-LED headlight with integrated LED daytime running lights and you’ll have the option to upgrade to the available triple-beam LED headlamps with an adaptive front lighting system and upgraded LED turn signals and side marker lamps. We believe all package options will come with the full-LED rear combination lamps which feature a three-dimensional layered L-shaped design you can check out below:
The standard (non-F-SPORT) ES will be available with three wheel designs:
The new ES 350 F-SPORT Package features a mesh front grille with a black chrome surround and black chrome accents around the rear trunk lid and standard rear spoiler. The new F-SPORT package includes 19-inch cast alloy wheels and you will have eight exterior color choices and only two interior options.
The interior will feature the same F-SPORT exclusive perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel found in the new LS F-SPORT and LC coupe as well as an 8-inch TFT instrument cluster with a movable ring (same design shared across the F-SPORT model line-up). You get two interior color choices: Black or Circuit Red NuLuxe.
The new ES F-SPORT sedan will feature an exclusive Hadori aluminum trim, Aluminum Sports Pedals and F-Sport bolstered seats with contrast stitching.
Once you decide on the color and whether you’re ready to go for the F-SPORT package or not, you get to choose from a variety of individual options – many of which will be included as part of the package level you ultimately decide to get. Here’s a closer look at the interior and options coming on the new Lexus ES.
Hands-Free Power Trunk
Not only has the trunk space been increased by 1.5 cubic feet, for a total of 16.7 cubic feet in both the ES 350 and ES Hybrid, but an available Hands-Free Power Trunk is also coming on the 2019 model. We are going to go ahead and assume this optional feature will be included in the Luxury Package-level ES and the Ultra-Luxury Package.
Heads Up Display
Another option that we think will be included in the Luxury and Ultra-Luxury Packages built for sale on the 2019 ES. The available 10.2-inch color HUD displays a range of information onto the bottom of the windshield in front of the driver including speed limit, engine speed, gear selection, local speed limit and other relevant data. The Thin Film Transistor (TFT) backlit optical lens and project the image a virtual 8.2-feet ahead of the windshield for maximum visibility.
12.3-inch Navigation and Multimedia Display with Apple CarPlay
If you want your new Lexus ES to have Apple CarPlay then you’re going to have to get the 2019 ES 350 or ES 300h with Navigation – for those wanting one of the first ES’s built for sale in September. For anyone willing to wait, the 2019 ES will start being built with Apple CarPlay for non-navigation models in October.
Lexus Climate Concierge
Available for the first time on the Lexus ES, this smart system combines seat heating, HVAC and steering wheel heating to achieve the driver’s selected temperature. This also works in reverse (for all the South Texan drivers) to provide all occupants with a cool interior. We expect this feature to come on the Luxury and UL packages, but we really hope it ends up being a standard feature for the new luxury sedan.
Interior Illumination (our favorite)
The new ES interior will feature LED’s for all interior illumination, with special attention given to nighttime ambient lighting. This awesome feature should be available on the Premium Package, Luxury, and Ultra Luxury ES.
The standard system is an 8-channel 10-speaker Pioneer audio system with a 296 W digital amplifier. Of course BT Audio, HD Radio, Sirius XM Radio, Enform App Suite, USB/iPod Connections and a single CD disc player will also come on every ES.
The upgraded Mark Levinson sound system with 17-speakers, surround sounds system with a 1800 W Digital Amplifier, Clari-Fi Technology, PurePlay, and 12-channels will also be available and a staple on the Ultra Luxury Package level ES and the premium-build option for the F-SPORT package.
Panoramic View Monitor
This feature will most definitely come on the Ultra Luxury Package level and we can see it as being an option for future Luxury builds. The Panoramic View Monitor on the ES uses cameras installed in the front, the left and right outer mirrors, plus the rearview camera. There are five different modes to choose from:
- Panoramic and Wide Front View – provides a 180-degree view ahead of the vehicle using the front camera
- Panoramic and Side Clearance View – uses images from the front and side cameras to show the vehicle from above and behind.
- Panoramic and Cornering View – displays an image from the rear of the vehicle to assist while cornering.
- See-Through View – rotating eye-level view around the car, as if the ES was fully transparent.
- Moving View – displays a rotating bird’s eye image
Other Notable Options
The 2019 Lexus ES will not disappoint and definitely lives up to the Provocative Elegance central theme designated to it while the new model was designed in Japan. With so much to look forward to, we didn’t want to forget a few other notable options and features you will find on the redesigned 2019 ES arriving this September.
- Lexus Safety System + 2.0 – includes new Lane Trace Assist, advanced Pre-Collision System that now includes pedestrian and daytime bicyclist detection, and Road Sign Assist which uses the front camera to detect road signs and display them on the MID and HUD. All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control that will maintain vehicle-to-vehicle distance all the way to a complete stop. DRCC also includes “blinker-linked” control – when following a vehicle traveling slower than the set speed, signaling a lane change will initiate acceleration to assist in passing. This kicks in at speeds of 44 mph or greater and will not activate if there is a car in the passing lane.
- 10 Standard Airbags
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (for F-Sport packages) – controls the damping force of the shock absorbers on all four wheels in response to driving operations and road surface conditions.
- Lexus Memory Seat System (Premium Package and up)
- Rain sensing wipers (PM and up)
- Heated and Ventilated Seats (PM and up)
- Wood Trim and Ambient Lighting (LL, UL and optional on PM)
- Driver’s Seat Cushion Extender (LL and up)
- Perforated Leather Interior (LL and up)
- Four-way driver lumbar support (LL and up)
- Performance Dampers (UL)
- Power Rear Sunshade with Manual Rear-Door Shades (UL)
- Panoramic Roof (UL with optional PM/LL- special order*)
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Qi wireless charger
- Blind Spot Monitor (PM and up)
- Park Assist Sonar (PM and up)