The 2019 Lexus ES was introduced to the world at the Beijing Motor Show and with many great pictures as well as a detailed press release from Lexus, we’re happy to report that the next generation ES will definitely turn some heads and set a new standard for entry-level and mid-size luxury sedans. Described as “provocative elegance” by Project Chief Designer, Yasuo Kajino, the new ES will challenge the traditional expectations of buyers and current Lexus owners.
If you have some time, the Lexus Press Release really delivers detailed information on the all-new ES so we recommend checking it out. For anyone looking for pictures and a quick, crash-course in what’s new for 2019 Lexus ES, we have that for you here.
Size Matters: the new Lexus ES
The 2019 ES is built on the all-new Global Architecture -K(GA-K) platform and will offer slightly larger proportion that promises to reflect its newfound performance capabilities. The new ES is said to be even more spacious, quieter and safer than ever before. The 2019 ES is 2.6-inches longer, slightly lower (0.2-inches) and 1.8-inches wider than the current model ES and will offer an impressive 2 additional inches for a longer than ever wheelbase.
The 2019 ES is very similar in design to the new Lexus LS flagship sedan that was recently released, which is a very, very good thing. This “mini-LS” doesn’t skimp on the luxury details and design elements. The new ES looks to offer impressive new features and exciting design.
- Dramatic New Grille Design
- ES 350 & ES 300h use elegant vertical bars that radiate out from the center
- ES 350 F SPORT has a blacked out pattern consisting of “L”-shaped clusters with corresponding cutouts at each corner of the front fascia.
- Chiseled body with LED taillamps that wrap around the quarter panels
- New Wheels
- New Colors: Moonbeam Beige Metallic and Sunlit Green (UltraSonic Blue 2.0 for F SPORT)
- All-New Metallic Cabin Trim in F SPORT ES
- New 12.3-inch wide dashboard display for navigation
- Remote Touch Interface
- Sleek exterior roofline
New Tech, Enhanced Safety, and Apple Car Play
In addition to the gorgeous new design, the 2019 ES has, even more, to offer in the form of new and enhanced technology and safety features. The 2019 ES will come with the new Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 as standard equipment. This next generation LSS+ expands upon the advanced Safety System+ in the current models with the addition of new features including daytime bicyclist detection and better capability to detect a pedestrian at night by increasing the PCS radar’s sensitivity and range. What else has excited about the 2019 ES? We list our favorite new features here:
- Apple CarPlay – iPhone users will now be able to control their iPhones through the dashboard display screen or with Siri Eyes Free voice control.
- Amazon Alexa – enabled. Includes car-to-home and home-to-car commands, so ES owners who have Alexa enabled devices in their home can interact with their ES before they ever get behind the wheel.
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- 12.3-inch Wide Dashboard Display for Navigation with cloud updates for Points of Interest
There’s a lot to talk about with the redesigned Lexus ES. We look forward to sharing future posts on the revamped Lexus classic as it gets closer to arriving at North Park Lexus Dominion this Fall 2018.
Learn more by signing up for future release details on the 2019 Lexus ES online at Lexus.com or by clicking here.