Lexus recently launched Lexus Enform Wi-Fi with the updated 2018 Lexus NX and we will see it again in the upcoming release of the 2018 RC and LS. The 2018 NX, RC, and LS are the first Lexus models coming with the latest version of Lexus Enform and will feature several enhancements in addition to the brand new Wi-Fi service.
With Lexus Enform Wi-Fi, you can connect up to five devices to a wireless connection by using your 2018 Lexus as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Lexus Enform Wi-Fi is operated by Verizon so after the trial period, you will have to set up a subscription (assuming you want one) with Verizon directly. You will be notified throughout your complimentary trial when you reach 50%, 25%, 10% and 0% of remaining data and you will then have the opportunity to begin a new Verizon subscription plan or add the Wi-Fi hotspot to an existing Verizon Wireless plan. It is also important to note that Lexus Enform Wi-Fi requires an active Lexus Enform subscription so you’ll have to pay for both Lexus Enform and a separate Verizon Wi-Fi plan if you choose to continue using your Lexus Wi-Fi hotspot after the complimentary trial period.
Trial Activation and Sign Up: Choose Your Sign Up Method
To activate the complimentary trial or to sign up for a Verizon subscription after the trial has ended, you have a few options:
- Connect to Lexus Enform Wi-Fi in your Lexus vehicle (recommended method):
- A step-by-step process is outlined in the section below.
- Use the Wi-Fi Sign Up App within Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0
- With a Bluetooth connection, you can sign up by downloading Enform App Suite 2.0 to your device, enabling the Wi-Fi Sign Up App on the multimedia display and opening the redirected Verizon Wi-Fi Sign Up on your device.
- Sign up via the Lexus “Welcome” email that you will get shortly after taking delivery of your 2018 Lexus NX, RC or LS:
- New owners will receive a Lexus marketing email with information on Lexus Enform Wi-Fi and, if interested in signing up for the Wi-Fi hotspot, may click the “Sign Up” link provided. This link will redirect you to the Verizon Wi-Fi Sign Up page, which will provide further instructions.
How to Connect to Lexus Enform Wi-Fi In-Vehicle (recommended method):
- Select MENU on your Navigation or Multimedia display
- Select SETUP
- Select the Wi-Fi button to navigate to the Wi-Fi menu, and toggle the Wi-Fi hotspot from “Off” to “On” (see above).
- Turn the device’s Wi-Fi on and follow the directions on the multimedia display to select the wireless access point name and enter the password provided:
- The default access point name and password may be changed via the Wi-Fi setup menu both before and after activation.
- Once connected, you will be redirected to the Verizon Wi-Fi Sign Up page.
- You can now enroll in the 4GB (one-year max) trial b providing contact information (name, address, email, phone number) and confirming trial terms.
- Success! You can now use the Lexus Enform Wi-Fi hotspot for the remainder of your trial without having to repeat this process.
Almost Ready: Go to the next step
Once the Wi-Fi on your 2018 Lexus has been turned on and enabled, you will be prompted to “Go to the next step.”
- Select the vehicle’s Wi-Fi access point name from the network list displayed on your smartphone and once selected, you will be prompted to “Go to the next step.”
- Enter the vehicle’s Wi-Fi password on your smartphone and you are connected to the Internet through your Lexus Wi-Fi hotspot.
If you leave the Wi-Fi hotspot turned on, connected devices may be set to automatically connect for uninterrupted future use. You can toggle the Wi-Fi hotspot to be turned on or off, as desired.
For more information, 2018 NX owners can visit the SETUP menu in their vehicle’s multimedia system and view helpful tutorials on connecting to Wi-Fi and other vehicle features. You can also swing by North Park Lexus Dominion for a personal presentation.