Since writing this post, North Park Lexus at Dominion received a pre-production 2018 LC 500 Hybrid to show off at our dealership! Below are just a handful of pictures that we took of the gorgeous all-new LC coupe when it arrived. If you’re in San Antonio or the surrounding area, don’t miss your chance to see the 2018 LC in person and before it’s available for sale.
We are excited to announce that we have our first batch of 2018 LC’s incoming to Lexus Dominion! Yes, most are sold orders BUT we may have one in this first group – possibly 2 – that will be available for sale and for us to test drive. Here’s a quick look at just one of the incoming LC 500’s that will be arriving soon.
2018 LC 500 Ultra White with Rioja Red interior. MSRP $102,614
- All Weather Package: Heated Steering Wheel, Windshield De-icer and PTC Heater
- Convenience Package: Intuitive Parking Assist and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- 21″ Forged Wheels
- Heads Up Display
- Limited Slip Differential
- Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 13 speakers, 915-watt Reference Surround Sound Audio System, DVD/CD/MP3 Player and Clari-Fi tech
- Sport Package with Carbon Fiber Roof, 8 way power front sport seats with Alcantara inserts
- Accessory Package with cargo net – spider, key gloves, trunk mats and wheel locks
Standard Features (just in case you need a refresher)
- 5.0-liter V8 with 471 HP and 10-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission with Magnesium Paddle Shifters and manual mode
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- Lexus Safety System+
- Triple-projector ultra-compact LED headlamps
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect and Service Connect – invoice states “complimentary for the first 10-years of ownership”… that’s either new or a typo.
- Heated and Ventilated front seats
- 10.25″ Navigation/Multimedia screen
- Enform Remote, Enform App Suite 2.0 and Destination Assist with complimentary 1 year of service
- Dual USB Audio Plug, Siri Eyes Free Mode, BT streaming and hands free calling
- Predictive Traffic Back up Monitor with Dynamic Grid-lines
So how else can you get yourself ready for the incoming LC? Other than scouring the web for reviews or re-reading any of our blog posts on the new Lexus model, you can check out a few things we learned from looking over the electronic owner’s manual.
The new Lexus LC will feature loads of new and updated technology so we wanted to read up on a few of the settings, voice commands and personalization features that we can take advantage of as soon as our first drive-able LC comes in.
General Settings for Lexus LC
These settings are available for automatic screen change, operational sounds and more. To get to the general settings you would press the “MENU” button on the Remote Touch and select “Setup”. From there you can select and change any settings you want. What caught our attention when browsing through the settings for the LC was the option for setting the Valet Mode.
Setting Valet Mode
The security system can be set to on by entering a security code (4-digit number). When set to on, the system will become inoperative once the electrical power source is disconnected until the security code is entered (good thing to remember if you decide to set Valet Mode then wonder why your navigation isn’t working the next day). Here’s how to set Valet Mode:
- Press the MENU button on Remote Touch
- Select Setup
- Select Vehicle
- Select Valet Mode
- Enter the 4-digit personal code and select OK
- Enter the same 4-digit personal code again and select OK. The system will request that you input the security code again so confirm you remember it correctly
- When Valet Mode activates, the system stops and a security code (4-digit number) standby screen is displayed.
Important to know, if you do decide to set Valet Mode…
IF an incorrect security code is entered 6 times, the system will not accept another security code for another 10 minutes. AND, worst case scenario, you forget your 4 digit number then you are to contact your Lexus Dominion Service Team for them to reset the system for you.
What we like about this new feature is that you no longer have to worry about your home address being registered in your navigation system. You can simply set Valet Mode and know that your home address is not being shared with anyone else that gets into your car.
Voice Command System
Remember that you can increase the voice recognition performance for this (and other Lexus Voice Command Systems) by “training” voice command. To do this, you would need to press MENU then Setup then Voice on the sub menu. Select “Train Voice Recognition” and the user will be asked to say sample phrases. This will help the voice command system adapt to the user’s accent. Also, you can only train your voice command when parked so don’t even try multi-tasking on this one.
- “Help” – prompts voice guidance to give you examples of commands or operational methods
- “Start over” – Returns to top menu screen
- “Pause” – Temporarily pauses a voice session until it resumes by pressing the talk switch again
- “Get Directions to an Address” – for best results, say the full address without zip-code – enables you to set destination by saying address. IF you set the language to French, the only supported area is Quebec Province in Canada
- “Go Home” – Displays the route home – this is a personal favorite
- “Show Recent Destinations” – displays recent destinations so you can easily go there again
- “Cancel Route” – if you want to cancel route guidance
- “Delete Destinations” – displays a list of destinations to delete if you have multiple destinations set on a route
- “Show <POI category> icons” – Displays the specified point of interest category icons on the map – for example, Gas Stations. This is a good one to remember if you just want to see whats nearby or on the map and do not necessarily want directions to any specific one at the time of driving. If you were to just say “Find Gas Station” then the system would display a list of gas stations for you to select. **
- “Send a message to <contacts>” – sends a text message to specified contact. If you have an iPhone, you can also use Siri Eyes Free Mode to do this
- “Call Back” – places a call to the phone number of latest incoming call
- “Mute” – mutes the microphone so the person on the other line cannot hear any conversation
- “Tune to <frequency> FM” – go to any FM Radio station – do the same but say “AM” for the AM frequency and “XM Station” if wanted Sirius XM Radio
- “Launch <apps>” – Activates the Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 application
- “Concierge Mode On” – Turns Climate Concierge ON
- “Set Temperature to <#> degrees” – one way to raise or lower the AC temp
Audio Commands – Requires Device Connected via USB Cable
- “Play Playlist <name>” – easily rock your new summer playlist
- “Play Artist <name>” – for when you only want to hear your favorite band or artist
- “Play Song <name>” – for when you want to hear that one specific song in your massive music library
Commands Only Supported in Major U.S. Cities
- “Get the Forecast” – Displays weather info
- “Get the Forecast for <city>” – Displays weather for specified city
- “Show Traffic along route” – Displays traffic info along current route
- “Show Predictive Traffic” – Go ahead and take advantage of this new Lexus feature and display the predictive traffic map
For additional voice commands and tips visit the new Lexus Drivers site at http://www.lexusdrivers.com or swing by North Park Lexus at Dominion for a personal tutorial.