The new Lexus IS was revealed today from the Beijing Auto Show and while Lexus kept much of the IS’s exterior appearance the same; the new IS will have a new front fascia with new headlamps, large air intakes in the front bumper and an “evolution of the Lexus’ spindle grille”. The new Lexus IS reflects thoughtful improvements that primarily enhance the current, popular model on the market today. The most exciting update, in our opinion, is the large mutimedia display screen that has grown from 7-inches to 10.3-inches. The new high-resolution screen delivers larger and clearer images. The new IS will also have the same Remote Touch Device as on the GS and will inherit an “ENTER” button to make navigating the multimedia system easier than the previous model. Other changes include new cup holders, a new larger-wrapped palm rest with stitching for the new Remote Touch Interface and new markings on the in-dash analog clock. The new IS will also deliver the comprehensive Safety System+ Package that has been added to most/all of the new Lexus models since the 2016 ES. The new IS will be upgraded to include Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beam and Radar Cruise Control. To read the official IS press release from Lexus, click here.
Below is a summary of the changes that we can expect for the new Lexus IS:
- New Headlamps
- Large Air Intakes in the front bumper
- New spindle grille that folds back at a higher point, changing its top and bottom proportions that enhances the more aggressive front end with a visually lower center of gravity.
- F SPORT Grille will feature a 3-dimentional F-mesh pattern with jet-black metallic coating that incorporates functional brake ducts.
- New style wheels with bright new finishes. 17″-10 spoke wheels being standard.
- 10.3-inch Multimedia Display Screen with High-Resolution monitor
- ENTER buttons added to Remote Touch Interface on the center console
- New stitching and updates to the speedometer and tachometer
- New cupholders
- Larger leather-wrapped palm rest with stitching for the RTI and new marking on analog clock
- Lexus Safety System+
- More pronounced L-shaped LED light guides that are now triple layered with the taillight housing and new rectangular chrome exhaust tips.
- Two New Colors: Deep Blue Mica and Graphite Black Glass Flake
Check back for more information and details on the IS reveal as it becomes available!