Crafted to conquer demanding terrain from remote off-road* vistas to black-tie premieres…” -Lexus.com
You want something you’re as comfortable in driving off-road at the ranch as you are when you roll up to a fancy restaurant on date night. And of course, you want to look good while doing it all. The 2016 Lexus LX offers the best of both worlds and with it’s dramatic new styling, impressive technology and enhanced safety features, the Lexus LX 570 is dominating the luxury SUV competition.
The Lexus LX has a long-standing reputation for long-lasting durability and it is this reputation for quality that provides one of the most compelling reason to choose the Lexus LX over the competition. Attention to detail, thorough engineering and an outstanding dealer network that is known for exceptional Owner service contribute to the Lexus LX’s superior reputation. Read more on the Lexus LX here or stop by North Park Lexus at Dominion for a personal one-on-one introduction to the 2016 LX that is available now. Keep reading for key competitive comparison information and how the Lexus LX is dominating the luxury SUV market.
Exclusive and capable, the Lexus LX 570 does not compromise it’s off-roading, all-terrain capabilities or luxury offerings. The Lexus LX provides flexible 8-passenger seating capacity with power-sliding 60/40 2nd row seat and 40/20/40 split fold-down seat back as well as a power-operated 50/50 fold-up 3rd row seat. Even better, all 8 passengers have a comfortable seat and can easily view any of the three large high-def screens providing entertainment for all. At the same time, the 2016 Lexus LX can take on any terrain with it’s full-time 4WD coupled with Torsen limited-slip differential, 6-mode Multi-Terrain Select, 5-speed CRAWL control with Turn-Assist and Adaptive Variable Suspension with 4-Wheel Active Height Control and automatic load-leveling. The LX can do it all.
Check out how the Lexus LX stacks up to the competition below.
2016 Lexus LX570 vs. 2016 Cadillac Escalade
- Exclusivity. The LX is often purchased by more discerning buyers whereas the high-volume Escalade is often used in limousine fleets.
- Premium Components. The LX 570 is built on a premium SUV chassis engineered for the rigors of international use whereas the Escalade shares many of its components with pickups and lower-priced SUVs.
- Driving Capability. The Lexus LX is outfitted with advanced features for a wide variety of on-and off-road conditions whereas the Escalade does not even come standard with 4WD or height-adjustable suspension.
- Safety. The LX570 is equipped with driver’s and front passenger’s knee airbags and 2nd row side airbags whereas the Escalade lacks front knee airbags and the 2nd row side airbags.
The Lexus LX 570 offers a greater overall height at 75.2-inches compared to the Escalade’s 74.4-inches however the Cadillac Escalade does measure to be an overall larger SUV as compared to the LX.
Lexus LX Cadillac Escalade
Wheelbase (in) 112.2 116
Overall Length 200 203.9
Overall Height 75.2 74.4
Overall Width 78 80.5
Seating Capacity 8 7 or 8
2016 Lexus LX570 vs. 2016 Land Rover Range Rover
- Versatility. The Lexus LX comes standard with versatile 3-row seating that can accommodate up to 8 passengers whereas the Range Rover is strictly a 2-row vehicle with seating limited to 5 passengers.
- Power. The LX570 has a smooth, robust 5.7-liter V8 engine with 383 horsepower and 403 lb-ft of torque whereas the Range Rover supercharges a 3.0-liter V6 for 340 horsepower and 332 lb-ft torque.
- Protection. The Lexus LX offers a much longer engine, transmission and drivetrain warranty. The Lexus LX provides an additional 2 years or 20,000 miles of coverage.
- Reputation. The Lexus LX has a long-standing reputation for engineering excellence and great dealer service and support whereas the Range Rover lacks the reputation for engineering and has a limited dealer network.
Lexus LX570 Range Rover
Wheelbase 112 115
Overall Length 200 196.8
Overall Width 78 78.1
Overall Height 75.2 72.3
Seating Capacity 8 5
For additional information on how the Lexus LX compares to other Luxury SUV’s in the market today, or to perform your own competitive comparison, visit Lexus.com or just click here.