It’s the little things that matter and Lexus knows that it is this attention to detail that makes us coming back for more…
Seemingly small details continue to delight new and long-time Lexus owners. One small feature that immediately comes to mind is the sliding center console that came on the 2004 to 2009 model year Lexus RX. This seemingly small feature was what RX drivers raved about the most: being able to slide back the center console to place your purse in that perfect position.
Of course, vehicles change and models get updated. Albeit sometimes difficult to let go of such features as the sliding center console on the 04-09 RX; with every model change, we find new favorite features.
Here is a list of our favorite “little things” on some of the new Lexus models:
1) Height-Adjustable, Self-Gripping Cup-Holder on the 2016 Lexus RX. Utilizing a unique grip design, these advanced cup-holders allow you to unscrew your beverage cap with a single hand. You can even adjust the height by pressing down on your cup/drink while it sits in the cup-holder, allowing even the tallest of cups to sit securely in the Lexus RX.
2) Illuminated Door Handles on the 2016 Lexus RC, NX, RX and more. Unique door-pocket LEDs housed behind the door handles help deliver a sophisticated entrance into your Lexus.
3) Illuminated Entry-System on the 2016 Lexus ES350 and ES300h. As you approach, exterior lights illuminate to help prevent you from stepping in puddles or other potential hazards. And, to welcome you inside, the interior features white LED illumination.
4) Maybe not such a “small” feature: the new 12.3″ Navigation Screen on the 2016 Lexus RX and LX. Giving you the ability to see and do more, the industry’s first 12.3-inch high-resolution split-screen multimedia display provides immediate, simultaneous access to various systems, including navigation, audio or climate controls. And greets you with a customizable image when the ignition button is pressed.
5) Siri Eyes Free Mode. The ultimate “must-have” feature. Reply to text messages, check traffic conditions, email and more by simply pressing the off-hook button on your steering wheel and letting Siri do the rest.
6) New Multi-Information Display on 2016 Lexus RX, ES, GS, IS and LX. Not only is the display larger, brighter and easier to read, the new MID also provides information that further connects you to the driving experience.
7) Climate Concierge on the 2016 Lexus LS and LX. This is technology that anticipates. Climate Concierge keeps you comfortable in any weather condition by monitoring and adjusting the temperature of four different climate zones.
8) F SPORT Exclusive Interiors. The Black Headliner and Aluminum Sport Pedals are two of our favorite exclusive design features on the new Lexus F SPORT models available now. Driving barefoot is comfortable again!
9) Custom Color Inserts Available on Luxury Package 2016 Lexus RX. This feature is not quite available for us to see first-hand, but Lexus now offers custom color inserts on the 20″ Luxury Package wheels. Nice!
10) The Orange Brake Calipers on the 2016 Lexus RC200t, RC350 and RC F. Small but effective detail that makes us want to trade in our 2015 RC for the new ’16 model year.
What are your favorite features? Share your picks for the best details and features on new or past Lexus models by posting below or tweeting your list to us @lexusdominion.